| Issue #1, April 2008
We are pleased to share with you the NTC Foundation’s progress and plans with this new monthly ezine called “On Point,” a name that is fitting in so many ways, as you’ll see below.
We invite you to visit us and see firsthand how the Naval Training Center is once again transforming the lives of new generations as NTC Promenade.
On Point definitions:
- A speaker’s comment that is relevant and that precisely addresses the question.
- Ballet dancers twirling gracefully on the tips of their toes are said to be “on point."
- In military jargon it means the sailor/soldier who is out in front, acting as a scout and guide.
- Quilt blocks that are arranged with their corners pointing up and down rather than parallel to the quilt itself.
- We are located at the Gateway to Point Loma, one of San Diego’s most prominent and historic neighborhoods, often called “The Point.”
- For NTC Promenade, it means providing our donors, supporters and constituents, current updates on happenings here at this important destination.
NTC Promenade – Celebrating One Year of Inspiration!
NTC Promenade just celebrated its FIRST ANNIVERSARY of the completion of Phase 1! After 6 years of planning, the NTC Promenade has quickly become known as a dynamic destination showcasing San Diego’s innovative spirit in a community of venues.
Already home to 25 civic and community groups, over 250,000 residents, visitors and students have attended receptions, festivals, performances, classes and exhibits. And more than 1,300 events have taken place on our campus. People are learning, creating and enjoying themselves. Read More
Be in the know with “Behind the Scenes” Monthly Forums
Got Questions? We’ll have the answers at the monthly Behind the Scenes forums. Hosted by NTC Foundation, you’ll have the opportunity to meet with the Executive Director and NTC Board members, learn more about what is happening now and provide your ideas what you would like to see in Phase 2! Mark Your Calendar for Tuesday, April 8 from 5:00 – 6:00 pm at The North Chapel –
2881 Roosevelt Street. Read More
Make it a Memorable Mother’s Day
Pay your loved one the highest compliment this Mother’s Day with a gift that recognizes unshakable love, commitment, trust and perseverance – dedicate a beautiful rosebush in the Sybil Stockdale Rose Garden at NTC Promenade by May 1, 2008! Read More
To The Point…
In its first year NTC Promenade has experienced a number of “On Point” moments, click here to read more.
Back to NTC Promenade